Passport Services

The Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Nouakchott offers various services related to passports.

Appointments for passport services are available on Tuesdays. Please click here to access the appointment system.

For more information, please click on the specific passport service you require.

  • Passport Renewal


  •  Completed DS-11 form (PDF 100 KB)
  • Proof of child’s U.S. citizenship (i.e. current U.S. passport or CRBA)
  • Child’s original birth certificate or CRBA
  • Minor must appear in person
  • Both parents must appear in person
  • Proof of identity of parents
  • Signature of both parents in front of Consular Officer
  • 1 passport photo
  •  $115 fee or equivalent in Ouguiya


  1. If there is only one parent, he/she must present documentation showing that he/she has full custody of the child. If there are two parents but one is unable to be present, the non-applying parent must complete and notarize a DS-3053 form and submit a copy of the front and back side of his/her identification.

(A notarized DS-3053 (PDF 41.2 KB) is only valid for a period of 3 months)

  1. If the child’s current appearance is significantly different from the one in the previous passport (i.e. baby photograph), the parents are requested to present additional photographs showing the child’s age progression.

Passport renewal for adults:

  • Fill out the DS-82 Form (PDF 81.2 KB)
  • Schedule an appointment
  • Pay the fees: $110 or equivalent in ouguiyas

Please Click Here to Schedule an Appointment for Passport, Report of Birth, Notary, or Other Services.

First time passport application for children.

Before applying for a first passport for a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen, an application for a  Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) needs to be applied for.

To apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, applicants need:

  • Child’s local birth certificate
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship of parent(s)
  • Parents’ marriage certificate (if born in wedlock)
  • Divorce decree or Death certificate (if parent was previously married)
  • Evidence of citizen parent’s physical presence in the USA for at least 5 years
  • Completed DS-2029 form (PDF 344 KB)
  • $100 fee or equivalent in Ouguiya


  • All foreign language documents must be translated into English by a competent authority.
  • If child was born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and a Mauritanian mother, the father must complete an affidavit of parentage, physical presence and support (DS-5507 form PDF 280 KB).

Please Click Here to Schedule an Appointment for Passport, Report of Birth, Notary, or Other Services.

For further information please see the U.S. Department of State’s website page on Passport Applications for U.S. citizens, or contact us using the information on the right.