Citizenship Services


First time passport application for children.

Before applying for a first passport for a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen, an application for a  Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) needs to be applied for.

To apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, applicants need:

  • Child’s local birth certificate
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship of parent(s)
  • Parents’ marriage certificate (if born in wedlock)
  • Divorce decree or Death certificate (if parent was previously married)
  • Evidence of citizen parent’s physical presence in the USA for at least 5 years
  • Completed DS-2029 form (PDF 344 KB)
  • $100 fee or equivalent in Ouguiya


  • All foreign language documents must be translated into English by a competent authority.
  • If child was born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and a Mauritanian mother, the father must complete an affidavit of parentage, physical presence and support (DS-5507 form PDF 280 KB).

Please Click Here to Schedule an Appointment for Passport, Report of Birth, Notary, or Other Services.