Event: The Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed six cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
IMPORTANT: The U.S. has arranged a flight to the United States. It will depart on Friday, April 10.
Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm a boarding time or a departure time. Please stay tuned. We hope to have more information soon.
Please email email@example.com or call the duty officer at 3662-8163 if you have questions about this flight. If you want to leave Mauritania, please respond soon. Seats are filling up fast!
The Government of Mauritania is restricting internal travel for private citizens effective immediately.
A curfew is in place for Mauritania from 6 PM to 6 AM every day.
The U.S. embassy’s operating hours are Monday to Thursday, 0800-1600 and Friday from 0800-1200.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
The government of Mauritania has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Schools and universities are closed until 30 April 2020. Sporting events, festivals, and all gatherings have been banned.
U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open for American Citizens Services. Please visit our website mr.usembassy.gov. If you need consular services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. You may also contact the embassy’s duty officer at 3662-8163.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
U.S. Embassy website: mr.usembassy.gov