Event: As of 13 July 2020, the Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed 5,446 cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
IMPORTANT: Air France is conducting one-way flights from Nouakchott to Paris every week until the end of July. From Paris, there will be connecting flights to various airports in the United States.
Travelers must purchase tickets directly from the Air France/Prestair office, which is located on the south side of the Moroccan embassy. U.S. citizens must arrange and pay for their own air tickets.
At this time, only U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (i.e. green card holders) may transit through Paris to the United States.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have additional questions about returning to the United States.
The Government of Mauritania has lifted its curfew daily curfew. The previous curfew is no longer in effect.
The restriction on internal travel between cities has been lifted. You may now travel freely throughout Mauritania.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
The U.S. embassy’s operating hours are Monday to Thursday, 0800-1700 and Friday from 0800 -1200.
All Mauritanian schools and universities are closed until September 1, 2020.
U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open for American Citizens Services. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. You may also contact the embassy’s duty officer at 3662-8163.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
U.S. Embassy website: mr.usembassy.gov