Event: The Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed seven cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
IMPORTANT: The are no more evacuation flights scheduled at this time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about returning to the United States.
The Government of Mauritania has adjusted its curfew times effective today, 24 April 2020. The curfew is currently effective from 9 PM to 6 AM every day.
The restriction on internal travel between cities has not been lifted at this time.
The U.S. embassy’s operating hours are Monday to Thursday, 0900-1700 and Friday from 0900 -1200.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
The government of Mauritania has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Schools and universities are closed until end of Ramadan (on or around May 26). Sporting events, festivals, and all gatherings have been banned.
U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open for American Citizens Services. Please visit our website mr.usembassy.gov. If you need consular services, please email email@example.com to make an appointment. You may also contact the embassy’s duty officer at 3662-8163.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
U.S. Embassy website: mr.usembassy.gov
ACS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Officer: +222 3662-8163
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mauritania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter