Event: As of 25 June 2020, the Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed 3,519 cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
IMPORTANT: As of today, 25 June 2020, other than one Air France flight scheduled for 03 July 2020, there are no commercial flights currently scheduled for July. The embassy will post options for U.S. citizens to return to the United States as soon as we receive them.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have additional questions about returning to the United States.
The Government of Mauritania has instituted a daily curfew from 20:00 to 06:00. The embassy encourages all U.S. citizens to abide by the curfew.
The restriction on internal travel between cities has not been lifted at this time.
The U.S. embassy’s operating hours are Monday to Thursday, 0800-1700 and Friday from 0800 -1200.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
All Mauritanian schools and universities are closed until 01 September 2020.
U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open for American Citizens Services. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. The Consular Section is arranging in-person American Citizen Services on Monday and Thursday mornings.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
U.S. Embassy website: mr.usembassy.gov
- +222 3662-8203
ACS email: email@example.com
Duty Officer: +222 3662-8163
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mauritania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter