Event: The Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed five confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
The government of Mauritania has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Schools and universities are closed until 06 April 2020. Sporting events, festivals, and all gatherings have been banned.
A curfew is in place for Mauritania from 6 PM to 6 AM every day.
The U.S. embassy has changed its operating hours to comply with the new curfew. Our new hours are Monday to Thursday, 0800-1600 and Friday from 0800-1200.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) and would like to be notified of commercial flights leaving from Mauritania, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Effective 17 March 2020, U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website mr.usembassy.gov. If you need services, please email us email@example.com to make an appointment. You may also contact the embassy’s duty officer at 3662-8163.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania mr.usembassy.gov
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
- +222 3662-8203
ACS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Officer: +222 3662-8163
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mauritania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter