Event: As of 29 July 2020, the Mauritanian Ministry of Health has confirmed 6,249 cases of COVID-19 in Mauritania.
IMPORTANT: On 02 August 2020, several airlines are scheduled to begin flying from Nouakchott to various airports in the United States.
At this time, only U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (i.e. green card holders) may transit through Paris to the United States.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about returning to the United States.
The government of Mauritania has closed all land borders. The only exception is for commercial merchandise. Private U.S. citizens should not try to cross any land border at this time.
The U.S. embassy’s operating hours are Monday to Thursday, 0800-1700 and Friday from 0800 -1200.
All Mauritanian schools and universities are closed until September 1, 2020.
U.S. Embassy Mauritania has suspended routine visa services. The Consular Section is still open for American Citizens Services. You can email email@example.com to make an appointment. You may also contact the embassy’s duty officer at 3662-8163.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Nouakchott, Mauritania
Nouadhibou Road, Avenue Al Quds, NOT PRTZ
U.S. Embassy website: mr.usembassy.gov