The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (also known as the Global UGRAD Program) provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment. It is designed to expose students to the U.S. educational system, society, and culture. Finalists represent diverse disciplines, from architecture to engineering, biochemistry, literature, and education. Students will live in university residence halls and will have the opportunity to participate in campus organizations and activities. All students are required to participate in volunteer community service activities and are encouraged to participate in professional development activities as part of the Global UGRAD Program. 30 Mauritanian students participated in this program since 2010. Application period usually begins in November.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Mauritania, and studying in Mauritania.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Applicants should be in good academic standing with a complete validation of all the courses “modules” in the first four semesters, with a general average of 11/20 or more.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants should be over 18 years of age.
For more information, please see: https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program-global-ugrad